Posted by Barb Hoffman on July 29, 2016 at 3:10 AM
Is that a typo? Isn't it "On Belay?" Belay On is the name of our "launch trip" (July 28-Aug.10). Let me explain...when a climber starts to climb, they yell down to the person holding the rope "On belay!" The belayer yells back, "Belay on!" As our young adults move towards independent adulthood, we will be an anchor and support as they climb. Cathi, Bryan and Barb leave today to return to Uganda.
The purpose of this trip is multi-faceted:
- Get Esther settled at Kyambogo university
- Meet with our Ugandan staff
- Confirm the new On Belay students
- Secure housing for school holidays
- Begin building the infrastructure for On Belay Ministries
Please pray for us that we will be able to connect successfully with all the students and that God will go before us in all of the details. If you would like to contribute to "Belay On," click here.
To learn more, check out our website!